Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Trekking on the T - Boston

I've been in Boston about 1.5 years now, and I honestly avoid taking the T if I can, Boston is a relatively small city and pretty walkable, but if I need to take public transit, I really have to say that I prefer the Red Line to any other ... I live close to the MGH/Charles St stop and it's completely accessible, with a good sized elevator to get you to the platform. There's even the handicapped entry turnstiles, which is great when you have an SUV stroller like mine (the UppaBaby Vista). There are certain stops that you have to pay attention to where you get off ... I once stopped at Park Street station and got off on the wrong side of the train to catch the elevator ... I had to wait for the next one and zip through the train to the other platform to take the elevator up.

So far I've only taken the Red and the Green Lines ... the Green Line is a story in itself ... there's so many different lines on the Green Line and it can be pretty confusing, but also there's a step up to get onto the train and some raised seating areas, so if you're getting on a crowded train it can be a real pain. I once took the Green Line all the way out to Babcock Street/Boston U. and it was really crowded. I got a lot of dirty looks for clogging up the aisles with my stroller, which I happily returned.

But the Red Line has been pretty easy to manage so far - my best trip on it has been to South Station, where you can either switch to the Silver Line or just walk from to get to the Boston Children's Museum - toddler heaven! :-)

No comments: