Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Restaurants in Manhattan

By the time my baby was about 4 months old, we'd tested out a few restaurants in the city for their "baby-friendliness" ... the biggest issue is obviously getting there, and my last post about subways/trains talks about some of those issues, but so far we have taken him to:

California Pizza Kitchen
440 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016
(212) 685-6700

They were pretty good about accommodating us, and they certainly have the space as compared to most Manhattan restaurants. That's the thing with chain restaurants, I know everyone dumps on them, but they are so much easier when you have a baby! Anyway we had a group of about 12 people with us and they found us a nice long table where we could comfortably fit baby's stroller at the end. There was even room in the booth for my husband to pull him out of the carrier and lay him down on a blanket in the booth next to him. They offered us a high chair, but we don't need it yet.

I forgot to check while I was there, but I called later and confirmed that they do indeed have baby-changing stations in the restrooms.

Based on that experience though, I would definitely say that it was indeed, baby-friendly. I am also biased because I love their Tostada Pizza.

Tiffin Wallah
127 E 28th St
New York, NY 10016
Phone: (212) 685-7301

The folks at Tiffin Wallah were very nice in accommodating us and finding room for baby's stroller, and they DO have high chairs available. The staff was nice and smiled at baby a lot, which is better than having people roll their eyes at your baby. I personally enjoyed the food, they had a pretty good menu of Indian cuisine, but the place was more casual.

The only downside was there wasn't anywhere to change baby's diaper.

Would I go again? Yes, but I'd have to make sure I changed baby's diaper somewhere before heading in.

I will definitely add more restaurants to this list as we make future trips to NYC.

No comments: